Recognition of Prior Learning: An Assessment Resource for VET Practitioners
Project area: Promotional Resources
Sector: Education – Vocational Education and Training
Client: Department of Education and Training (WA)
Miles Morgan developed Recognition of Prior Learning: An assessment resource for VET practitioners to provide Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) with an up-to-date and streamlined guide to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. Recognition of Prior Learning was produced with reference to the Australian Quality Training Framework.
RPL is an assessment process aimed at confirming and recognising the competencies a candidate has obtained outside a formal education and training environment. The assessment resource:
- defines the nature and role of RPL in the VET context
- demonstrates RPL’s relationship to the other forms of assessment carried out by RTOs
- identifies how RPL relates to assessment of competency as described in Training Packages
- promotes the use of a range of alternative methods of assessment and pathways to achieving recognition of skills
- provides developers with guidelines for the development of quality, holistic assessment tools
Recognition of Prior Learning allows RTOs to use or adapt the suggested strategies in order to benefit and improve service delivery.
|PromotionalResources >>||Next Project >>|